view from behind

more pictures than words, though New York can be inspiring. Friends, dogs, driving, the St. Lawrence, travel. When I remember to update. Kensington Market.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East York, Ontario, Canada

Friday, January 06, 2006

Havana Feelings feel good





Met my friend Brenda after work. After taking care of some business, including sweeping up the floor at the salon after her hair cut , we headed east on Danforth a block to a spot I'd seen when dropping Algernon off for a repair before Christmas. Havana Feelings, with chef and host Juan Carlos.

With the advice of Juan Carlos, I ordered a Cuban Sandwich and Potaje de Frijoles Negro (Black Bean Soup). Brenda ordered Fricase de Pollo with sides of Potaje de Frijoles Negro and Platano Maduro Frito (fried ripe plaintain). We sampled and shared. We'll be going back.

Nice music, good art, very pleasant crowd and overall atmosphere.

I finally smartened up and grabbed the camera when the chef sent out a dessert treat.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home